In a couple short weeks (11 days to be exact at the time of this writing) Lift'n Buddy, A Southworth Company, will attend the National Safety Council Congress and Expo in Chicago, Illinois. This event not only allows us to showcase our innovations, but to go shoulder-to-shoulder with what is new in safety, industry regulations and policies, and to get all the necessary inputs to be on the cutting edge of safety in the workplace. Afterall, there is nothing more important than safety in the workplace. It's about saving lives! Check out the following youtube video on this event and see the info from the NSC website below:
About the event
The NSC Congress & Expo is the world's largest annual "must attend" event for safety, health and environmental professionals. For more than 100 years, professionals have turned to this event for industry-leading technology, education, networking opportunities and the tried and true products and services needed to stay at the forefront and remain competitive within the industry.
In 2010, NSC introduced the Journey to Safety Excellence philosophy, which can help you and your company answer the following questions regarding its current safety program:
- Where are you now – and where do you want to be?
- How will you move forward?
- How do you manage your improvement and measure your progress?
Congress is designed to build awareness of the tools available to you and your organization as you continue down the path to safety excellence.
The NSC Congress & Expo experience offers:
- Educational Opportunities
Attendees don't have to hunt through blogs for perspectives on trends and best practices - they can choose from a host of carefully selected opportunities led by verified safety experts. And because safety challenges come in all shapes and sizes, presenters make time for Q&A at the end.
Hear nationally recognized leaders and motivational s from both the public and private sectors speak about current and future issues affecting the industry.
- Technical Sessions
Participate in more than 130 technical sessions, selected by a team that has hands-on knowledge of the latest industry trends providing the most comprehensive information needed to face today's challenges.
- Professional Development SeminarsParticipate in more than 30 seminars providing in-depth, hands-on opportunities to focus on continued professional growth.
- The Expo Floor: With both employee safety and budget-friendliness in mind, attendees can compare vendors for a particular product in one place over the course of three days. The time and energy put into researching options is minimized - and face-to-face communication ensures questions are answered and needs are met.
- Explore the Expo floor offering 190,000+ net square feet of more than 900 companies showcasing the latest innovative products and services. You'll also find the New Product Showcase area, the Solution Center, OSHA's Top 10 most cited safety violations and solutions from the International Safety Equipment Association.
- Networking EventsNetwork and unwind with like-minded professionals during Rock 'n' Community: Connections for a Cause and the National Awards Celebration.
Who attends and why?
The NSC Congress & Expo attracts decision makers, end users and distributors from a wide variety of industries including: manufacturing, construction, petrochemical and utilities. Coming from the United States, Canada and more than 60 other countries, these individuals range in experience from entry level to seasoned safety professionals representing companies such as Boeing, Schneider Electric, BP, Industrial Scientific, Kimberly Clark, URS, RockTenn Norcross, Fruit of the Loom and more.
Hundreds of industry-leading companies from around the world exhibit offering products and services in the following categories: general safety products, personal protective equipment, hazard controls and fall protection. Additionally, vendors specializing in facility maintenance and operation, environmental protection, ergonomics and risk management are in attendance to showcase their latest safety solutions. The show not only features large companies such as Honeywell, 3M and Grainger but hundreds of small to mid-size companies.
Come and visit us at Booth #526, and see how Lift'n Buddy is an agent for change in the modern day workplace. In the meantime check us out at liftnbuddy.com and LIKE us on Facebook.
Thank you for your time and attention. Let’s make it safe this Monday.
General Manager, Lift'n Buddy , a Southworth Company