Flu season is marked in the United States as a time between October and May where there are often prevalent outbreaks of influenza, or known more commonly as “The Flu”. It is estimated by the Center for Disease and Control that US businesses loose roughly $10.4 billion dollars in any given year related to employees getting the influenza virus.
In order to stay clear of the flu this month and enjoy everything great fall has to offer, here are some precautions one can take to prevent the flu:
- Always wash hands to defeat germs.
- Get a flu shot from a local clinic or pharmacy.
- Stock your medicine cabinet with any drugs you use, like pain relievers or decongestants. Don’t forget tissues, soap, and hand sanitizer.
- Pay attention to symptoms – Symptoms of just the common cold are milder than those of the flu.
- Take a sick day and relax – If you work yourself too hard when you have the flu this can delay your recovery.
- Use throwaways – swap cloth hand towels with paper to prevent the spread of germs.
- Drink lots of fluids – broths, water, sports drinks, and herbal tea are all excellent for fighting the flu.
Keep yourself healthy this flu season and be sure to take preventative measures. Your family and co-workers will be thanking you for not getting them sick.
Thank you for your time and attention. Let’s make it safe this Monday.
Demand Generation Specialist, Lift’n Buddy, a Southworth Company